- Who is QuoinMonkey: A quoin (rhymes with coin) is an expandable wedge used to support or anchor. Quoins are used by printers to hold the hand-set type in place in a printer’s chase; as cornerstones to anchor a building wall; or as keystones of an arch. A monkey is playful and mischievous. But monkey mind jumps from thought to thought, is not present or grounded, and her escapades create busyness that keeps her away from her true heart. QuoinMonkey is a writer who anchors monkey mind through practice in order to find her true heart. She’s a Southern-born writer, oldest of 6, who sweats volumes in the -27 degree winters of Minnesota. She's working on developing a thicker skin. Please, by all means, tell her what you think.
Posts by QuoinMonkey :
November 28, 2016 Gratitude
November 5, 2016 Sandhill Crane Migration
June 22, 2016 Tornado, Bighorn Basin, Wyoming
June 11, 2016 Black Hills Institute, South Dakota
January 4, 2016 January
July 3, 2015 AMOR
April 19, 2015 Record Store Day Highlights
- Follow on WordPress.com
- My Tweets
How To Submit
- Sandhill Crane Migration
- Tornado, Bighorn Basin, Wyoming
- Black Hills Institute, South Dakota
- Record Store Day Highlights
- Broken Or Unbroken
- Egg Art — Season Of Eostre
- Lithograph Stones
- Dhobi Tree Outside The Smithsonian Castle
- The Fox & The Fire
- winter wind
- The Way Love Bends
author & artist interviews
poets & poems
March 2017 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
QuoinMonkey On Instagram
We Write About
- Top 7 Wonder Woman Quotes
- How Many Days In The Month Of March -- 30 Or 31?
- 100 Writing Topics
- Neruda - Solo La Muerte
- The 1970's -- What Was America Reading?
- The 1950's -- What Was America Reading?
- PRACTICE: My Favorite Coffee Shop - 15min
- Pileated Woodpecker (Heartbeat Of The Earth)
- The 1960's -- What Was America Reading?
- The Ant & The Grasshopper - Ann Patchett & Lucy Grealy
more photos by QuoinMonkey
QuoinMonkey & Skywire7 have followed Lily's journey since January 2010, driving to Ely, MN July 2010, 2011, 2012 to support the WRI & NABC.
Learn more about the wild bears of Shadow's Clan at the Wildlife Research Institute website & view Black Bears Ted, Honey, & Lucky on the 24/7 Live Webcam at the North American Bear Center:
Live DenCams & Archived Videos
Research Updates at the WRI
Everything Bears at the NABC Homepage
Follow Lily the Black Bear on Facebook
red Ravine stats
- 1,782,432 community visits
find us in