Merv García, pen and ink and pencil on graph paper, doodle © 2007 by ybonesy. All rights reserved.
Merv Griffin: OK, my little pajaritos, do we have any requests?
Someone in audience: Y volver, volver, volver…
Someone else in audience: …a mis brazos otra vez…
MG: Coños, babies, come on, I’m not Al Hurricane…let me play you una cancioncita about my lovely bunch of coco-nuts…
Someone in audience: Al Hurricane? I thought you were Tony Bennett, oyé!
Someone else in audience: ¿Qué cosa Tony Bennett? ¡Oralé, he’s Engulburk Humperdink!
-Related to posts What If The Southwest Guy Were Chicano? and What If Madge Were Chicana?
What If Merv Were Chicano?
September 14, 2007 by ybonesy
Posted in Art, Culture, Doodling, Film / TV / Video, Laughing, Money, Music, Spirituality | Tagged Chicano culture, Chicano identity, humor, imaginary conversations, Merv Griffin, Spanglish, What If So-and-So Were Chicano series, ybonesy doodles | 15 Comments
- Follow on WordPress.com
- My Tweets
How To Submit
- Sandhill Crane Migration
- Tornado, Bighorn Basin, Wyoming
- Black Hills Institute, South Dakota
- Record Store Day Highlights
- Broken Or Unbroken
- Egg Art — Season Of Eostre
- Lithograph Stones
- Dhobi Tree Outside The Smithsonian Castle
- The Fox & The Fire
- winter wind
- The Way Love Bends
author & artist interviews
poets & poems
QuoinMonkey On Instagram
We Write About
- How Many Days In The Month Of March -- 30 Or 31?
- Top 7 Wonder Woman Quotes
- 100 Writing Topics
- Flabby Arms Are Genetic (And Other Facts Of Life I Need To Face)
- The 1970's -- What Was America Reading?
- Standing Your Ground -- Arroyo, Gulch, Gully & Wash
- PRACTICE: My Favorite Coffee Shop - 15min
- WRITING TOPIC - THE 7 DEADLY SINS
- WRITING TOPIC - NAMES OF FLOWERS
- WRITING TOPIC -- MY FAVORITE COFFEE SHOP
more photos by QuoinMonkey
QuoinMonkey & Skywire7 have followed Lily's journey since January 2010, driving to Ely, MN July 2010, 2011, 2012 to support the WRI & NABC.
Learn more about the wild bears of Shadow's Clan at the Wildlife Research Institute website & view Black Bears Ted, Honey, & Lucky on the 24/7 Live Webcam at the North American Bear Center:
Live DenCams & Archived Videos
Research Updates at the WRI
Everything Bears at the NABC Homepage
Follow Lily the Black Bear on Facebook
red Ravine stats
- 1,783,108 community visits
find us in