Here’s what I’m going to do to make my intention real:
- Be myself. If I want to say something, don’t censor myself (unless what I say is mal-intended or harmful to someone else)
- Notice when I am myself. Reflect back on my day. Not every day, but make a point to reflect as much as possible and to positively acknowledge when I’ve broken through the confines I place on me.
- Wear my hair how I want. Straight if I want straight. Curly if curly. Don’t worry about having straight hair around people who normally see me curly and vice versa. Don’t let my hair be the great segregator of my life.
- Talk to someone each day who I otherwise would not have talked to, even if it’s a person riding next to me in the elevator.
- Laugh often and open-mouthed.
- Don’t keep secrets. Be the same open person to everyone I trust and love.
- Understand this isn’t something I achieve like a Girl Scout badge. It’s more like sitting practice. It’s there in one moment, gone the next. Be present to the moment and chances are I’ll stop fretting.
-from Topic post, Do Or Die Triangle